How to Renew Alberta Driver’s License?
Alberta Driver’s License once issued is valid for 5 years. It’s the Alberta Driver License holder’s responsibility to renew the license before it gets expired. The Government of Alberta Province provides this facility to all the residents of Alberta. Bu using this facility Alberta driver’s license holder can apply for the renewal of driver’s license by visiting their nearest Alberta Registry Agency in person.
Requirements for Alberta Driver’s License Renewal:
- Ontario Driver’s License number.
- Ontario Postal Code.
If any resident of Ontario wants to renew their Enhanced Driver’s License they have to visit any of the designated offices nearby them. Enhanced Driver’s License cannot be renewed online.
Requirements for Alberta Driver’s License Renewal in person:
- Current Alberta Driver’s License.
- Your renewal notice.
- If you are applying for the name change then you have to submit the marriage certificate.
Renew Alberta Driver’s License in person at a Registry Agent:
- Select the nearest Alberta Registry Agency.
- Visit the selected Alberta Registry Agency along with your driving license and your renewal notice.
- You can apply for renewal by using your renewal notice or take a renewal application form from the service center.
- Fill the application form and pay the prescribed fees.
- Fees can be paid Credit/Debit card, cash and cheque.
How to Renew Alberta Expired or Cancelled Driver’s License?
Alberta Driver’s License once issued is valid for 5 years. It is the responsibility of Alberta Driver’s License holder to renew the license before it gets expired. If the license is expired or canceled in such case the holder should visit the nearest Alberta Registry Agent.
Alberta expired driver’s license renewal:
- Take the Original identification proof documents which show your name, date of birth and your signature.
- Visit your nearest Alberta Registry Agency along with the above-said documents.
- Take an application form for renewing your expired driver’s license.
- Fill the application form; pay the prescribed fees.
- After the successful submission of your application form, you will get a temporary driver’s license and the original one will be sent to you by post.